Are you getting ready to buy your first vaping device with a removable battery? If you are, you’ll need to complete your purchase by buying a vape battery. Buying your first e-cigarette battery isn’t a trivial decision because today’s vape mods demand enormous amounts of power. A lithium-ion battery meets those demands by storing an incredible amount of energy in a tiny package, and that means there are certain safety and performance considerations that you’ll need to make when buying vape batteries.
We’re here to help. We offer a wide range of vape batteries here at Simply ELiquid – and choosing the right one for your needs is important. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process.
Why Is Choosing the Right Vape Battery Important?
Choosing the best vape battery for your needs is important because of the high amperage requirements of today’s vape kits. To understand how high the power requirements of a box mod really are, think about your mobile phone. A smartphone has a battery with about the same capacity as a removable battery for a vape mod. Your smartphone can play videos or display websites all day without breaking a sweat, though, while you’ll need to recharge a vape mod after just a few hours of vaping. Vaping, in other words, draws a great deal more power than anything you can do with your phone.
While you only need to charge your smartphone every day or two, you may find that you spend all day recharging batteries for your vaping devices if you’re a heavy vaper. When you’re buying external batteries for something as powerful as a vape mod, it’s extremely important to choose a battery capable of operating in high-drain scenarios without overheating. You can’t install just any battery in a vaping device and expect it to be safe for sub-ohm vaping; it has to be a battery designed for high-drain usage.
What’s the Best Vape Battery for My Needs?
Reading this article, you’ve learned why it’s important to only vape with a battery specifically designed for the task. The good news is that you’ve already found the UK’s best vape shop. You can safely use any of the vape batteries that you find on this site, so buying one is simply a matter of choosing the battery that fits your specifications. We’ll help you make that decision in three easy steps.
- Choose a battery fitting your amperage and capacity requirements. A battery’s continuous discharge rating – measured in amps – has an inverse relationship with its capacity, which is measured in milliamp-hours (mAh). If you use a sub-ohm tank with low-resistance coils designed for high-wattage vaping, you’ll want to choose a battery with a higher discharge rating. If you use a lower-wattage tank, on the other hand, you can select a battery with a higher capacity.
- If you’re using a dual-battery vape mod, you’ll need to buy two batteries. The two batteries should be identical, and you should always charge and use the batteries as a pair.
- Consider completing your purchase with a new vape battery charger. Using an external charger means that you never have to pause between vaping sessions while waiting for a battery to charge because you can rotate your batteries in and out of the charger. We carry a wide range of vape battery chargers for every possible need.
Don’t Want to Worry About Choosing a Battery? Buy a Vape Device with a Built-In Battery
Buying a vape battery entails a certain amount of responsibility because it definitely isn’t the same as buying a pack of disposable alkaline batteries from your local supermarket. You have to be certain that you’re buying a safe battery for vaping, and you also need to make sure that you’re using, charging and storing the battery safely. A lithium-ion battery is a potential fire risk if it’s mishandled, and some people simply don’t want that responsibility. If that’s true of you, there’s no need to worry because you can simply buy an integrated-battery vape mod instead. The battery is already securely installed in the device, and it’s not removable. As long as you’re charging the device properly, there’s no need to worry about safe battery handling.
How to Choose a Vape Battery for Cartridges
Are you a fan of pre-filled vape cartridges? If you are, you know that cartridges, cartomizers and clearomizers require e-cig batteries of a different type. For e-cig cartridges, you need a battery that has a built-in fire button and is designed for the low-wattage style of vaping that vape cartridges require. That’s why we carry an extremely capable 3,200 mAh vape battery with built-in threading for cartridges. The dual-threaded design allows the battery to support both eGo- and 510-threaded cartridges, so you can use it with just about any vape cart available.
How to Charge Your E-Cig Safely
As we mentioned above, buying a vape mod with a removable battery means that you need to take responsibility for charging, using and transporting your lithium-ion vape batteries safely. We’d like to provide some pointers to ensure that you’re doing things in the correct way.
- If you prefer to charge your vaping device through the USB port, charge it only by connecting it to your computer. Don’t charge a vaping device with a mains adapter designed for a smartphone or tablet.
- If you prefer to charge your vape batteries with an external charger, use a charger designed for lithium-ion batteries. All of the battery chargers available at Simply ELiquid are compatible with vape batteries.
- Don’t charge vape batteries unattended; make sure that you’re awake and ready to respond if a problem occurs. Stop charging a battery immediately if you notice an unusual smell or detect an abnormal level of heat coming from the battery. A little warmth during charging is normal, but a battery should never become so hot that touching it causes discomfort.
- Never carry vape batteries in your pocket. If you need to transport spare batteries, carry them in a protective battery case that isolates the batteries from other metal items.