During your time as a vaper, e-liquid is the one product that you’re going to buy more than anything else. While many vapers have favourite types of e-liquid that they’re happy purchasing again and again, others find that frequent experimentation is the thing that brings the most fun and excitement to the vaping experience. If you fall into the second group, you’re going to want to keep tabs on the most popular e-liquid flavours in the UK because that’s how you’re going to discover the latest and greatest e-liquid brands.
Here at Simply ELiquid, we’ve always considered it our mission to seek out the newest and most popular e-liquid flavours, ensuring that we always have something fresh and interesting to offer our customers. So, if you’re the type of person who loves the adventure of buying a new vape liquid, this is the buying guide for you.
We’re going to begin this article with a general guide explaining how to choose an e-liquid you’ll love. We’ll continue by discussing the general types of vape liquid flavours that UK vapers love. Finally, we’ll conclude the article by listing the top 10 best e-liquid flavours currently on the market. Let’s begin!
How to Identify the Best E-Liquid Flavours for Your Needs
The first thing you need to know about buying the best vape liquid flavour is that the flavour itself only represents one small part of the equation. You can’t simply buy the first vape juice with a flavour profile that appeals to you because different vape kits work best with different types of e-liquid. Follow this simple three-step process to ensure that you’ll end up with the right vape liquid every time.
- Choose the right nicotine strength and type for your equipment. Larger vaping devices always work best with lower nicotine strengths, and smaller vaping devices generally work best with higher nicotine strengths. If you use a very small device, you’ll probably want to buy nicotine salts. That’s because nic salts allow lower-output vape starter kits to provide greater satisfaction and throat hit.
- Choose the right PG/VG ratio for your equipment. A bottle of vape liquid will almost always have its PG/VG ratio printed on the label. If you’re not sure what to buy, a 50/50 ratio works well with most vaping equipment. The most powerful vaping devices tend to work best with higher-VG e-liquids, and smaller devices usually work best with higher-PG e-liquids.
- Choose an e-liquid flavour that sounds appealing to you. There’s an enormous variety of different vape liquid flavour profiles on the market today, and that’s what you’re going to learn about next.
The Most Popular E-Liquid Flavour Profiles in the UK
Before you begin searching for a specific e-liquid that you want to try, you’ll want to have a general idea of the type of flavour profile that’s likely to appeal to you. With that in mind, the best way to get started is by learning about the basic flavours that are available. These are the most popular e-liquid flavour profiles in the UK.
- Tobacco e-liquid uses a combination of food-grade flavouring agents to achieve a flavour profile reminiscent of cigarettes, cigars or pipe tobacco. It’s important to remember that it’s impossible for any combination of food flavourings to fully capture the flavour of tobacco smoke because it’s the smoke itself – the product of combustion – that provides much of the flavour when you smoke a cigarette. Nevertheless, many vapers find that tobacco vape juice flavours can be just as satisfying as the real thing because their nutty and rich flavour notes strike the palate in much the same way as real tobacco.
- Menthol e-liquid includes cooling menthol to provide the same chilly sensation in the throat that you’d get from smoking a menthol cigarette. In some cases, a menthol e-liquid will have a tobacco base flavour to create an experience that’s as close to smoking as possible. In other cases, though, a menthol vape juice will omit the tobacco flavour entirely and will instead have a minty base flavour. When you buy menthol e-liquids, you’ll find that they’re available in a wide range of strengths. Some are only slightly cool, and others are much cooler than any menthol cigarette.
- Fruit e-liquid is what you might want to choose if you’d like a vape juice that reminds you of eating a sweet strawberry or another fruit. Fruity e-liquids are the most popular vape juice flavours on the market today, which isn’t surprising considering the level of variety available in this flavour category. You can find a fruit e-liquid that tastes like an almost perfect copy of just about any fruit you can imagine.
- Drink e-liquid captures the flavour of a beverage such as soda, coffee or tea. It’s in this category that you’ll find some of the most creative flavour profiles that the vape juice industry has to offer. Adding a creamy note to a coffee e-liquid, for instance, can create a flavour profile that tastes like drinking a cappuccino. A fruity beverage flavour profile, on the other hand, can be enhanced with the addition of a little menthol to give the e-liquid an icy finish.
- Sweets e-liquid has a flavour profile that tastes like candy – and considering all of the different candies in the world today, it’s going to be a long time before you run out of e-liquids to try in this flavour category. From fruity hard candies to chewy taffy, you’ll find it all here. The best part is that vape juice makers use the same flavouring compounds that candy makers use. That means you can find an e-liquid that tastes virtually the same as any popular candy.
What Are the Top 10 Best E-Liquid Flavours in the UK?
Reading this article, you’ve learned just about everything that you could ever need to know in order to ensure that you fill your tank with the perfect vape juice for your needs every time. Now, it’s just a matter of choosing a specific flavour you’ll love – and we’ve got 10 recommendations to help you get started. These are the top e-liquid flavours in the UK.
1. Watermelon Slices by Dinner Lady Ice
In the e-liquid industry, creating a vape juice delivering a good balance of sweet and sour notes is one of the most difficult things to do. The trick is adding enough of a sour element to make the sour flavour detectable without overpowering the e-liquid’s main flavour profile. We think that Watermelon Slices by Dinner Lady Ice really gets the mix right. This e-liquid captures the flavour of sweet-and-sour watermelon candy, and a touch of menthol gives it a deliciously chilly finish.
2. Fizzy Cherry Cola Bottles by Double Drip Coil Sauce
Once in a while, you come across a vape juice with a flavour profile so complex that it seems like it shouldn’t work – and yet, somehow it works anyway. That’s the experience you’ll have when you try Fizzy Cherry Cola Bottles by Double Drip Coil Sauce. This delicious vape juice captures the experience of chomping on a big handful of cherry cola candy with a slightly creamy aftertaste. You’ll swear that you can actually feel the fizzy bubbles on your tongue.
3. Creme Scotch by Monsta Vape
If you’re looking for a sweet vape juice flavour with a touch of complexity, we think you’ll love Creme Scotch by Monsta Vape. While most candy e-liquids capture extremely sweet flavour profiles – the flavour of fruity candy, for instance – this e-liquid uses a base flavour of butterscotch to provide a touch of dark complexity that’ll keep your palate interested all day. You’ll love this e-liquid’s smooth, creamy finish. It’s a great change of pace if you’re craving something a bit different from the fruity e-liquids currently crowding the marketplace.
4. Cherry Tunes by Fckin Fruitz
Cherry Tunes by Fckin Fruitz is an e-liquid that tastes like what a cherry cough drop wishes it could be. The flavours of cherry and eucalyptus work incredibly well together, with the eucalyptus giving the cherry a pleasantly cool and floral edge. Cherry Tunes takes that idea to the absolute limit by starting with a bold base flavour of cherry that’s almost as juicy as the real thing. The eucalyptus flavour is in the background, giving the e-liquid a delightfully refreshing and slightly herbal finish.
5. Salted Caramel by Frooti Tooti Ice Cream
If you’ve never had the pleasure of trying an ice cream vape juice, Salted Caramel by Frooti Tooti Ice Cream is an e-liquid that needs to go on your must-try list immediately. Creating a great ice cream e-liquid is a real challenge because of the interplay between various flavour notes that has to occur in order for the overall flavour profile to be successful. You need a creamy note, of course, and some e-liquids add a bit of custard flavour to enhance the richness. This vape juice definitely has the creaminess and richness, but it’s the complex top note of salted caramel that really sets it apart from the crowd. The caramel adds some welcome complexity that prevents the ice cream base flavour from becoming too sweet.
6. Simply Tobacco by Simply ELiquid
If you’ve never explored the world of tobacco e-liquid, it’s hard to know where to begin because the various flavour profiles can taste extremely different from one another. Every vape juice brand wants to be known as the one that has the most realistic tobacco flavour, so it’s not uncommon for brands to oversell their products a bit. Combine that problem with the fact that taste is a very subjective thing, and you’re going to encounter some situations in which your opinion of a vape juice’s flavour is completely different from the manufacturer’s description. At the risk of sounding like every other e-liquid maker, we’re going to go out on a limb and suggest Simply Tobacco by Simply ELiquid as the vape juice you should try if you’re new to vaping or just new to tobacco e-liquids. With Simply Tobacco, we’ve tried to create a perfectly balanced tobacco flavour that’s as delicious on its own as it is mixed with other e-liquids.
7. Chocolate Glazed by Loaded
Have you ever experienced the deliciousness of doughnut-flavoured e-liquids? If you haven’t, you’re missing out because today’s vape juice makers have really mastered bakery flavour profiles. With just a hint of yeasty, malty flavour, it’s possible to create a vape juice that almost tastes like a real baked good – and Chocolate Glazed by Loaded is one of the very best examples. Capturing the flavour of a freshly fried doughnut slathered with a rich chocolate glaze, this vape juice is a dessert dream come true.
8. Berry Chew by Lucky Thirteen Candy
Bakery flavour profiles aren’t the only things that e-liquid makers are doing extremely well these days. If it’s been a while since the last time you tried a candy vape juice, you’ve got to experience what the best e-liquid makers are doing with candy flavour profiles – particularly taffy. Berry Chew by Lucky Thirteen Candy is going to make you feel like you’re chomping on a big handful of berry-flavoured taffy – without the resulting toothache!
9. The Duchess by Mabel’s Flavour
Everybody loves a great breakfast e-liquid – and with The Duchess by Mabel’s Flavour, we believe we’ve found one of the best. This is a vape juice that combines many of the things that the best vape juice makers are doing so well these days, beginning with a base flavour of a fluffy and delicious scone. The Duchess combines that wonderful bakery flavour with notes of strawberry jam and clotted cream to give you a breakfast vaping experience you’ll want to return to every day.
10. Sweet Jack Blacks by Mix Up Sweets
There is perhaps no candy more quintessentially British than the classic aniseed chew, and Sweet Jack Blacks by Mix Up Sweets has captured that flavour absolutely flawlessly. With a dark and complex liquorice flavour offsetting the e-liquid’s sweet base, Sweet Black Jacks is the ideal candy e-liquid if you’re looking for a vape juice that’s sweet without being cloying.