If you want to buy the best vape starter kits in the UK, you need to buy from a vape shop that chooses its products carefully – and that’s exactly what we do here at Simply ELiquid. In many ways, the first device that you buy when you initially start vaping is the most important purchase you will ever make as a vaper. If you don’t have a good vaping experience with your first device, after all, you’ll simply revert back to smoking and will never take the time to learn what your vaping flavour and hardware preferences are. It’s our goal to offer you the best vape starter kits on the market and ensure that your introduction to vaping is as great as it can be.
Items 1-12 of 36
Items 1-12 of 36
Starter Vape Kits FAQs
What Are Starter Vape Kits?
When you shop for vape starter kits, you can expect to receive everything that you need to start your switch to vaping except the e-liquid. At minimum, an e-cigarette starter kit will include a vaping device, a tank or 1-2 replacement pod. You’ll also get 1-2 replacement atomizer coils if the device requires them. Finally, you’ll receive a selection of basic accessories such as a charging cable and an instruction manual. The only thing that you won’t receive is e-liquid. You’ll need to buy that separately because people have different requirements for flavour and nicotine strength.
What Types of Vape Starter Kits Are There?
When you examine the various devices and vape brands available at Simply ELiquid and other stores, you’ll find that they break down into five different categories. We’ll explain the characteristics of the five different types of vape kits.
- Disposable Vapes: Disposable vapes are the simplest starter kits for vaping because they come from the factory charged and ready for immediate use. All that you need to do is remove the device from the package and start puffing; you can use a disposable vape until it runs out of e-liquid or battery power. Disposable vapes, however, do have a drawback in that they aren’t as affordable for daily use as refillable vaping devices.
- Pre-Filled Pod Systems: Pre-filled pod systems and cigalikes are the vaping devices that you’re most likely to find in your local convenience stores and gas stations. While pre-filled starter vape kits are very easy to use, they’re incredibly limited in their flavour selection – even compared to disposable vapes – and generally don’t provide the best possible vaping experience.
- Refillable Pod Systems: Refillable pod vape kits are some of the best vape starter kits in the UK because they offer a perfect balance between sleek design, portability, ease of use and low cost. Pod kits are some of the smallest refillable vape starter kits on the market. A pod system stores its e-liquid in a clear plastic pod that you can remove and replace simply by lifting the pod out of the device and pushing in a new one. Vape pods are inexpensive to replace, so you can feel free to discard a pod that’s old and no longer easily cleanable.
- Vape Pens: Vape pen kits are devices that, compared to pod kits, offer a slightly different balance between size and performance. A vape pen usually stores its e-liquid in a glass tank rather than a plastic pod, which tends to give it some performance advantages compared to a pod system in terms of vapour production, e-liquid storage and flavour quality. Vape pens also tend to offer superior battery life compared to pod systems, but the increased performance comes at the expense of slightly increased size, weight and complexity.
- Vape Mods: Vape mods – also known as box mods and occasionally pod mods – are the high-performance sports cars of the vaping world. A vape mod is a sub-ohm vape, which means that it uses a tank with a low-resistance atomizer coil designed to operate at high power levels. A vape mod is a vape starter kit designed to deliver maximum vapour production rather than a cigarette-like throat hit. Vape mods are also fairly complex and can be difficult to set up for those with no prior vaping experience. For those reasons, vape mods usually aren’t the best vape kits for beginners.
What E-Liquids Should You Use Starter Vape Kits With?
You’ll need to buy e-liquid for your first vape starter kit, and one of the things that can confuse the process slightly is the fact that there are two different types of vape juice available: standard (freebase nicotine) e-liquid and nicotine salt e-liquid. Use these guidelines to select the right e-liquid for your vape kit.
- Nicotine salt e-liquid is usually the right choice if you’re using a small pod system or vape pen because nic salts will give you the cigarette-like throat hit you want while still remaining completely smooth at high nicotine strengths. The most common strengths for nicotine salt e-liquid are 20 mg/ml and 10 mg/ml. We suggest starting with the higher strength and adjusting downward if you feel like you’re getting too much nicotine.
- Freebase nicotine e-liquid is usually the right choice if you’re using a more powerful vape pen or vape mod that’s designed to produce larger vapour clouds. Freebase nicotine vape juice is usually available in lower nicotine strengths, with the most common strengths being 3 mg/ml and 6 mg/ml. Because today’s high-end vaping devices are so powerful, we suggest starting with the lower nicotine strength and increasing the strength only if you’re sure you aren’t getting enough nicotine.
What Is the Best Vape Kit for Beginners?
If you’re new to vaping, we have two strong suggestions to help ensure that you’ll love your first vape starter kit.
- Choose a refillable vaping device. Buying a disposable e-cigarette can be a great way to introduce yourself to vaping, but refillable devices are far more economical because vape juice is significantly less expensive when you buy it by the bottle. In addition, you can enjoy a much wider variety of flavours with bottled e-liquid as compared to pre-filled vaping devices. If you buy disposable vapes, you’ll typically have a selection of no more than about a dozen flavours at the most for any one brand. Buying bottled e-liquid means that you can choose from hundreds of flavours, so you’re certain to find something you truly love.
- Choose a small vaping device. While it’s true that a full-sized vape mod looks like an impressive piece of equipment, it isn’t really what you want as a beginner because full-sized vaping devices are designed for direct-to-lung inhaling. As a new vaper, you’ll want to use the mouth-to-lung inhaling style because that’s the way you inhale when you smoke a cigarette. A small device such as a pod system or vape pen will give you the best possible experience with the higher-nicotine e-liquids that you should be using as a beginning vaper.
How to Use Your New Vape Starter Kit
Once you have your vape starter kit and a bottle of vape juice, you have everything you need to switch from smoking to vaping immediately. All you need to do is set up your device and start vaping. Here, in brief, are the steps you should follow.
- First, you’ll remove the device and its accessories from the package. You’ll connect the device to your computer using the USB cable included in the package, and you’ll wait for it to finish charging. When the indicator light on your vaping device changes colour or turns off, the device is fully charged.
- Next, you’ll fill the pod or tank with e-liquid by opening the filling hole and adding vape juice until the tank or pod is nearly full. Wait a few minutes to ensure that the atomizer coil’s wick is completely wet.
- Vape by puffing on your device’s mouthpiece or by puffing while holding the device’s activation button. After taking a few puffs, wait a few minutes to gauge your level of satisfaction. If you’re still experiencing nicotine cravings, feel free to vape again until your cravings subside.
Why Buy Vape Starter Kits from Simply ELiquid?
Here at Simply ELiquid, we are committed to bringing you the best vape starter kits in the UK. We do that by maintaining an eclectic collection of vaping devices for all skill and experience levels and by ensuring that we source our products only from authorized suppliers to guarantee 100-percent authenticity.
If you’re not sure what the best vape starter kit for your needs is, we’re happy to help. Get in touch with our customer service team now, and one of our friendly vaping experts will walk you through your purchase.