You’re looking for the vape shop that sells the best vape mods in the UK, and you’ve found it here at Simply ELiquid. We offer the world’s leading vape mod brands on this page, ranging from Geek Vape and SMOK to Eleaf and Voopoo. Every manufacturer of vaping products has its own design sensibilities and brings its own unique feature set to the table, so we’ve worked overtime to put the best selection of vape mods in the UK right here. Scroll down now to buy the new sub-ohm vaping device of your dreams.
Vape Mod FAQs
What Is a Vape Mod?
Vape mods are the biggest, most powerful and most feature-filled vaping devices on the market. The best vape mods offer incredible battery life and cloud production and vastly outclass the small vape kits that most people use when they first begin vaping. Vape mods are usually significantly larger and heavier than other types of devices such as vape pens and pod systems. The benefit of using such a large vaping device, however, is that you’ll enjoy all-day battery life and room-filling vapour clouds.
How to Use a Vape Mod
If you’ve never owned a vape mod before and have previously only used smaller and simpler vaping devices like pod systems, an introduction may be useful. When you buy a new vape mod, we always recommend reading the included manual. A good vape mod will always include a detailed manual that explains how to use the device’s features and how to have the best possible vape experience. To help you get started, we’ll provide a brief overview with information that applies to virtually all mods.
- Load the 18650 battery or batteries by opening the battery door, which is usually on the bottom of the mod. If you’re using a single-battery mod, the battery’s positive terminal should usually face the top of the device. With a dual-battery mod, use the markings on the battery door to determine the correct orientation. If the mod has a built-in battery, the battery is already installed.
- Charge the vape mod by connecting it to your computer using the included USB cable. The mod’s screen will let you know when the battery is fully charged.
- Open the tank, usually by pressing a release button on the tank’s top hardware or by sliding the hardware to reveal the filling port. Add e-liquid to the tank and wait several minutes for the vape juice to fully penetrate the coil’s wick.
- Turn the vape mod on by pressing the fire button five times quickly if it isn’t already on.
- Use the adjustment buttons on the front of the mod to adjust the device’s wattage until it’s within the recommended power range for the vape tank’s coil. You’ll find the recommended wattage etched into the side of the coil. Start at the low end of the range and increase the power output slowly if desired.
- Hold the vape mod’s fire button to vape.
Which Vape Mods Are Best?
With dozens of different box mods available at any given time, choosing the right one for your needs isn’t easy if you’ve never owned a vape mod before. Use these tips to narrow down the selection and identify a device that’ll be perfect for you.
- Decide whether you’d like to buy a full starter kit or a device only. A starter kit will include a compatible tank, but you may prefer to buy a device only if you already have a tank that you like.
- Choose between a device with a built-in or removable battery. Scroll down for more information about this decision.
- Choose a vape mod with a tank designed for your vaping style. Most vape mods include tanks designed for direct-to-lung inhaling. A tank with a narrow mouthpiece and a small airflow vent, on the other hand, is designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling. You can use any tank with any variable-wattage vape mod, though, as long as the mod can operate at the tank’s recommended power level.
- Choose a vape mod with a design that suits your personal style. The best vape mods offer a wide variety of colours and trim options, so you should have no trouble finding something with a look that you find appealing.
Should I Buy a Vape Mod with a Built-in or Removable Battery?
Choosing between a mod with an internal battery and one with a removable battery is one of the key decisions that you’ll make when you buy a vape mod in the UK. Here are the benefits of both types of vape mods.
- A vape mod with a built-in battery is less expensive than one with a removable battery because the battery is included with the device. Vape mods with internal batteries also tend to be smaller and lighter than ones with removable batteries. However, when the battery stops holding a charge, you’ll need to replace the entire device. On average, a vape mod with a built-in battery lasts about 1-2 years.
- A vape mod with a removable battery is more expensive than one with a built-in battery because you’ll need to buy the battery separately. Vape mods with removable batteries also tend to be larger and heavier than ones with internal batteries. However, when the battery stops holding a charge, you can replace the battery and continue using the mod.
What Is Variable Wattage and What Are the Benefits?
Virtually all vape mods – except mechanical mods, with have no electronic components – have some sort of built-in power adjustment capabilities. The most common of those is variable wattage, which allows you to customise your device’s power output – usually down to a tenth of a watt. Variable wattage is an important feature for a vape mod to have because it ensures compatibility with the widest possible range of vape tanks. The atomizer coil in a vape tank has a certain power range in which it’s expected to operate reliably with little risk of burning the wick or giving you an unpleasant flavour.
Buying a variable-wattage vape mod means that you’re free to experiment with different vape tanks because your device will work with virtually every tank on the market.
What Is Temperature Control and What Are the Benefits?
If you have a vape tank with an atomizer coil made from stainless steel, titanium or nickel, your vape mod may have the ability to automatically detect and limit the coil’s temperature. When you vape in temperature control mode, you configure a maximum allowable temperature that your coil should not exceed. When the coil hits the maximum temperature, the mod cuts its power output to prevent the coil from overheating. Temperature control mode eliminates the harsh “dry hits” that can happen if you vape without noticing that your tank is empty. Temperature control is also ideal if you prefer a vaping experience that’s smooth and cool. Wattage mode, on the other hand, is ideal is you prefer warmer vapour.
Before enabling your vape mod’s temperature control mode, confirm that your tank’s atomizer coil supports that mode. Most vape coils are made from an alloy called kanthal, which works in wattage mode only. Stainless-steel coils will work for both temperature control and wattage-based vaping. Titanium and nickel coils work in temperature control mode only.
Why Should I Buy a Vape Mod from Simply ELiquid?
Simply ELiquid isn’t just a company that supports the vaping community – it’s a company founded by vapers. We understand the wide range of preferences among vapers because our own preferences have changed over the years as well. We’ve done our best to assemble the best selection of vape mods in the UK right here, so you’re certain to find something suiting your preferences regardless of what those preferences may be. We sell absolutely no clones and guarantee that every vape mod on this site is authentic.